Up Here Publishing is looking for an editorial assistant to work on our flagship publication Up Here magazine, and other associated publications.
You will write and research short articles as well as featurettes, under the advice of an editor. You’ll work closely with the Up Here editorial team, supporting the production of our magazines.
Other areas you will contribute to include photo-sourcing, web and social media posts and story planning.
This is a junior position, but we hope to find a candidate interested in growing with the magazines into an increasingly senior role.
One last thing: we’re a small, hardworking team, looking for a candidate who is naturally curious, able to work independently (we won’t be watching over your shoulder), receives criticism without taking it personally (you will be edited!), and works collaboratively with the rest of the team. If this sounds like you and you meet the qualifications, we want to hear from you.
- Education or work experience in journalism is a must. A specialization in magazines would be a bonus.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Knowledge of Northern issues, history and culture.
- Comfortable working with Adobe InDesign and Photoshop
- A proven track record of reliability: meeting deadlines; pitching stories and following through; taking assigned tasks and finishing them without constant supervision.
This position is based at our head office in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories and may involve some travel. If you’re interested in being a part of Up Here Publishing’s magazine team, send a resume, cover letter and up to three published writing samples to editor Herb Mathisen at firstname.lastname@example.org by December 29 at 11:59 p.m. MST.
Advertising Sales Representative
Up Here Publishing has an opening for a motivated, well-organized sales professional. The ideal candidate will possess excellent oral and written communications skills and have strong customer service skills. You will also be comfortable using an online CMS to track sales leads, actual sales and advertising materials provided by clients
- Sales calls and follow up to a number of assigned industry sectors
- Assisting with the generation of value-driven advertising solutions for clients
- Working with the design unit to make up and place ads
- Maintaining and updating data for all assigned clients
If you are an enthusiastic self-starter, we want you on our sales team. Experience in media sales is a definite asset, but we are prepared to train.
Submit your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com